The summer swim season is coming to a close and beginning tomorrow, the pool schedule changes. See the detailed pool schedule later in this note. I hope everyone enjoys the remaining days left in the season. This is a great time to go to the pool because the weather is still beautiful, but the crowds are light.
MARC General Membership Meeting
The annual membership meeting was held on Sunday August 12th and was conducted by Bill Willis. Erika Johnson reported that we made our budget this season and membership is even with last year, with 171 memberships. We need to see continued membership growth if we want to make further improvements to the pool facilities. Erika reported that we have made several noticeable improvements including refurbishing part of our strap furniture, purchasing some additional new furniture, purchasing new umbrellas, building a new guard stand and overhauling the shed. We also purchased a new lawn mower and installed a money-saving variable control for our pool pump.
Billy Willis conducted an election for the MARC board of directors. Long-term board members Billy Willis, Chris Jefferson and Stuart McCormic will “retire” from the board in the fall and the other board members whose terms ended have graciously agreed to return for another term. Please join me in thanking Chris, Stuart and Billy for their many years of service to MARC. Agreeing to join the MARC board this fall are Robbie Gupton, Le Russell, and Paul Ulanch.
The full slates of MARC board members for next year are: Jerry Dudeck, Eric Nicholson, Erika Johnson, Kerry Hutchins, Karen Haneline, Jackie Cox, Amy Abernethy, Jimmy McCarthy, Rick Schertz, Robbie Gupton, Le Russell, and Paul Ulanch.
If you still owe your maintenance fees, you can contact Erika Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to make payment. If you are interested in working off your maintenance fee for the season, please reply to me.
Mark Your Calendars
- Saturday, September 1 – Last Pot Luck of the Season
- Sunday, September 9 – Closing Day
- Movies continue and are lots of fun for the entire family. Look for email announcements of the scheduled movies.
Remaining Pool Schedule
- Monday, August 27 thru Friday, August 31: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, September 1: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Sunday, September 2: Noon – 8:00 pm
- Monday, September. 3: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- September 4 – 6: CLOSED
- Friday, September 7: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, September 8: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Sunday, September 9: Noon – 8:00 pm Last Day of the 2010 Season!
See the complete pool calendar at http://www.marcpool.org
Secretary, MARC Board of Directors